These ready-to-print patient education materials can inform patients
Everyone deserves to be made aware of healthcare disparities
Close the Gap worked with the epidemiological team at the University of Washington’s Strategic Analysis, Research & Training (START) Center. We also collaborated with Boston Scientific’s clinical and health economic teams to create patient educational materials.
Race and ethnicity
Questions for patients to ask
Heart and vascular disease insights
At-a-glance insights into disease-specific risk factors and disparities can help you implement outreach plans that work for people living with and at risk of cardiovascular disease in your community.
- American Heart Association (2019). Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics – 2019 update
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Office of Minority Health
- Virani SS, et al.; on behalf of the American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2021 update: a report from the American Heart Association [published online ahead of print January 27, 2021]. Circulation. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0000000000000950
- Harris, R. Nelson, L. Muller, C. Buchwald, D. (2015). Stroke in American Indians and Alaska Natives: A Systematic Review. American Journal of Public Health.
- National Stroke Association. What is Atrial Fibrillation.
- American Heart Association – Heart Attack Symptoms in Women (2015).
- Shu, J. Santulli, G. (2018). Update on peripheral artery disease: epidemiology and evidence-based facts. Atherosclerosis