Heart and vascular disease insights
Insights into disease-specific risk factors and disparities can help you implement health equity action plans.
Take a closer look at disparities in four key health conditions
Meeting the needs of diverse patients with serious heart and vascular disease starts with discovering the factors that can lead to health disparities. To support your efforts to improve health equity, we offer insight into risk factors and barriers to care, along with underserved patients’ own perceptions of their care, based on our market research study.
Health equity resources to influence change
Find information about the biggest barriers to clinical care and tools to promote health equity amongst your peers and within your community.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Office of Minority Health. Heart Disease and African Americans.
- Bai, C et al. (2018). Sex differences in Atrial Fibrillation – Update on Risk Assessment, Treatment, and Long-Term Risk. Curr Treat Options Cardio Med (2018) 20: 79. DOI: 10.1007/s11936-018-0682-3.
- Staerk, L. et al. (2017). Atrial Fibrillation: Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, and Clinical Outcomes. Circ Res 2017 Apr 28: 120(9): 1501-1517. Doi: 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.309732.
- American Heart Association (2019). Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics – 2019 update
- Rivero, M. Nader, N. Blochle, R. Harris, L. Dryjski, M. Dosluoglu, H. (2016). Pooper limb salvage in African American men with chronic limb ischemia is due to advanced clinical stage and higher anatomic complexity at presentation. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 63(3) pg. 1318-1324
- Shu, J. Santulli, G. (2018). Update on peripheral artery disease: epidemiology and evidence-based facts. Atherosclerosis.